- Sarah Worden won AGU 2020 Technical Committee Student Award and 2021-2022 Brian L. Bosart Memorial Fund award
- Our Wildfire-Climate Change study (Zhuang et al. 2021 PNAS) is among UC’s 10 best research stories of 2021
- Our new study published in PNAS suggests climate changes is the main driver for increased fire weather
- NOAA Drought Task Force report on the 2020-2021 Southwestern US drought is released
- Our recent study suggests the Congo rainforest makes its own spring rain (AGU Press)
- Congratulations to Prof. Rong Fu on receiving the American Meteorological Society (AMS) Award for Outstanding Achievement in Biometeorology!
- New paper published in EOS (Fu et al. 2021, Tackling Challenges of a Drier, Hotter, More Fire-Prone Future)
- Congratulations to Prof. Rong Fu on being elected as 2020 fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) !
- Congratulations to Prof. Rong Fu on being elected as 2020 Class of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fellow!
- Welcome new group members
- Record Low North American Monsoon Rainfall in 2020 Reignites Drought over the American Southwest
- Quantifying contributions of natural variability and anthropogenic forcings on increased fire weather risk over the western United States
- Long-term variability, extremes and changes in temperature and hydro meteorology, Ch. 22, Working Group 8: Climate Change in the Amazon: Tendences, Impacts and Ecological Consequences, Science Panel for the Amazon (SPA) 2021 Report
- A generic risk assessment framework to evaluate historical and future climate-induced risk for rainfed corn and soybean yield in the US Midwest
- Climate model bias in equatorial Atlantic and possible reasons
- Some Preliminary Evaluations of CCSM4 Model in Drought Forecast
- Causal Effect Networks
- Presentation: Precipitation Comparison for the East Asian Monsoon (Mingxin)
- Presentation: Homogeneous and Non-Homogeneous Markov Model (Santiago)
- Group Meeting: Dynamics Associated with Atlantic Niños (Siyu)